"For all fans of the original (1993) JP this is a product that I would 100% recommended however, as stated in the title, there are some design flaws that I will now address:
1) so much of the detail is in the vignettes at the back of the gate - but when you have it on display you can’t see them - and so there was really no point in having them in the first place (for most customers that will buy this, it will be displayed on a shelf - and so you can only really show off the back if you have a 360 degree display). It would have been better to have the back of the gate greyed out and then to have those iconic scenes built as a separate row or column.
2) The T-rex’s Teeth are too small - they should probably have been about twice the length that they were made.
3) The head of the t-rex keeps falling down - to position it upwards and to the side, I had to wedge a folded tissue in between the head and neck. Otherwise it just falls down and to the centre - the ball joint that connects the head and neck is not very good.
4) The neck of the T-Rex should have been connected through a ball joint so that it can be positioned at different angles, as opposed to just ‘up and down’. (The ball joints that connect the tail are excellent, so I’m not quite sure what happened with the ‘head-neck’ connection?)
5) One of the scenes for the vignettes is the toilet in which the lawyer, Donald Gennaro gets eaten - however he is not included in the set, but all of the other scenes have their required characters.
6) Dr Ian Malcolm’s torso piece is not as high quality as his face and leg pieces.
7) I really feel like Donald Gennaro, Robert Muldoon, Lex and Timmy should have been in this set.
8) There are tyre tracks for the base of the build which you can see if you zoom in, there should have been the iconic Jeep Wrangler to sit on that - which would be able to fit: Ellie, Ian and Robert. (with the way that I’ve positioned my Rex, it would have recreated the scene from the film where they are being chased)
With all of that said, this was still a brilliant set. It had a great build flow and I would recommend this to any JP fan - those were just things that I picked up.
I would really love to see Lego continue making more Jurassic Park sets, as opposed to Jurassic World sets, like this one. Preferably designed for adults (16+), over children
There are so many more scenes from the film that can be used and made into large sets: maybe a large design for the visitor centre, the sick triceratops, the battle at the end where the three raptors surround the main characters and then Rexy saves the day, raptors in the kitchen hunting Lex and Timmy - I have seen this set before, but it would be better if there was a more detailed build aimed at adults - with an intricate design for the raptors. The two T-rex’s Destroying the trailer and ripping Eddy apart from JP2. Maybe even a Spinosauros from JP3 that could scale to this t-rex. Large, individual JP dinosaurs would also be cool"