"I'm a collector of Marvel sets and the ones that come directly for the movies are ALWAYS the best. They are normally hard to find once the movie comes out, so I suggest to any collector to pick up "Captain Marvel and the Skrull Attack". It appears this might be the only Lego set for the upcoming Captain Marvel movie.
1. Mini-figures -- Grade B+ Captain Marvel is great with her blue outfit. Would have been OK with her green Kree outfit too. The one disappointment was no mohawk headgear. That would have pushed the grade up to an A+. Maybe in a future set for Avengers - Endgame. The young Nick Fury is cool. Talos is good with his phaser. Great to top off the figures with Goose.
2. Prototype Quinjet -- Grade B+ A solid jet that is clearly an early version of the Quinjet. I wish it was a little bigger to fit two figures in the cockpit. But overall a great build with history.
OVERALL -- Grade A- You can't beat the price of this set that I believe will be a hot one with the upcoming Captain Marvel movie. Lego seems to just do one set for the solo Marvel movies and then multiple sets for the Avenger movies. I think that is why this set will be very valuable and desired by collectors."
"Son (12) was very excited when he saw the Indoraptor Rampage at Lockwood Estate. He owns every set from Jurassic World. The look of the house structure and Indoraptor was the draw for him. He wasn’t disappointed.
Mini-figures: Grade - A Good details and nice chances of Owen and Claire from the Jurassic World sets.
Dinosaurs: Grade - B+ Indoraptor should have been a little bit bigger, but still real good details. Much better look for Blue with a lighter color and better look with his blue stripe from earlier set.
Lockwood Building: Grade - B Good detail, but rooms could have been bigger. Also, the order of the levels didn’t match the movie since all the Lab was in the basement.
Overall: Grade - B The mini-figures were strong and Blue’s new look was solid. Also like the triceratops skull since it (SPOILER ALERT) plays a big role at the end of the movie."
"Quantum Realm Explorers definitely has its + and -. But if the popularity of the "Ant-Man Final Battle" set from the first Ant-Man movie is any indication this set is a "MUST HAVE" for collectors of Marvel Lego sets.
MINI-FIGURES: Grade C The Wasp: This to me is the centerpiece of the set, and also a little disappointing. The helmet and wings could have been done MUCH better. Not sure why they didn't do a dropdown shield for the helmet so you can see Wasp's eyes. Also, the bee like wings instead of long ones were disappointing. Hopefully there will be a reboot of The Wasp in future sets. Ghost: Always cool to have a new mini-figure. The hood looks great and the detail on the face and chest are solid. Ant-Man: Pretty similar to past Ant-Man versions. One of my favorite mini-figures from the Marvel movies.
QUANTUM REALM SHIP: B+ Very cool design and detail. Awesome to get a little nugget before the movie comes out. Since rumors have it that the quantum realm will be KEY in future Marvel movies like Avengers 4 this little ship will play a big role.
OVERALL: B Disappointed in the look of The Wasp, hopefully she will be improved in future sets. But this set again is a must buy. Great value with 3 mini-figures and a cool ship in a set under $20. Collectors are going to be going after this set and the value of this set will go up several times its retail price."
"I'm a HUGE fan of the Marvel movie Lego sets. The Royal Talon Fighter Attack from the upcoming Feb. 2018 "Black Panther" movie doesn't disappoint.
Mini-Figures: --- B+ Killmonger: Have to start here. Awesome look with the mast of Erik Killmonger, the main arch nemesis of Black Panther. A cool look into the movie before Killmonger gets his own "Panther" suit.
Black Panther: I love that the suit is different than the look in the Black Panther Pursuit Lego set from "Civil War". Also different than the other Black Panther movie set -- Rhino Face-Off by the Mine.
Ulysses Klaue: I only problem I have with Klaue is there is no reason to have a left arm since Ultron took that off in Civic War. I do like the laser arm that comes with him that has been seen in the trailers.
Nakia: Cool to have one of the strong female characters from the movie that seems to be filled with them.
Royal Talon Fighter -- A A slick looking plane/space ship. A bit of an upgrade from Black Panther's Jet from the Civic War set. Love the look. The sleek design is different from anything Lego has done when it comes to vehicles from Marvel sets.
OVERALL -- A- To have four mini-figures and an awesome vehicle the set is worth the price of $30. I'm a collector of Marvel sets and believe the worth of these types of sets are going to only go up in value as the Marvel Cinematic Universe continues."
"First, I think by far the best Lego sets are those centered around movies. Had to buy Thor vs. Hulk: Arena Clash for the upcoming Thor -- Ragnarok movie right when it hit the stores. The set doesn't disappoint, although I think it could have been a little better.
FIGURES: Grade B Hulk - Good detail in the helmet and chest, but as in the past Hulks ... I think he should be a little bigger. And wished the legs moved. Hopefully down the road Lego will do a little makeover on Hulk. Thor - Liked the faces, new helmet and details. But would have liked a shield to match the one in the movie trailer. Loki and Grandmaster - Both solid.
ARENA: Grade B Good playability with Loki and Grandmaster seats. How the main gate works is awesome. Would have liked more detail on the front of the gate.
OVERALL: Grade B A must set for collectors of Marvel Legos. Thor vs. Hulk battle is something everyone has been wanting to see. Just a few issues on the figures and details on the arena, but overall a solid set. Great to play with for younger kids too."
"Always awesome to see Lego sets based on upcoming movies. The Beware the Vulture set doesn't disappoint.
1. Vulture mini-figure & wings Grade A- At first I thought it would be a little too bulky. But once build it's very solid and very close to what Vulture will look like in the upcoming movie. Details on Vulture's helmet and jacket are great. The wins are good and nice it can stand on it's own for display purposed. Only thing I would have liked would be rotors on the propulsion circles in the back.
2. Shocker mini-figure & truck Grade B+ Great to have a little nugget that Shocker will be in the Spider-Man Homecoming movie. This is the first place I've seen that this iconic villain will be in the movie. Great detail. The shocker gloves are nice touch. I wish the van was a little bigger to fit a drive and passenger and more room in the back with the hidden gun. Still, overall a nice vehicle that is very playable.
3. Spider-Man mini-figure Grade A Similar to the Spider-Man from the Tanker Truck Takedown set. Awesome detail and I love the eyes. The new web shooters are cool along with the web line and web net. The cell phone is a great add on too. Shows the teenager in Spider-Man.
4. Iron Man mini-figure Grade A Love the front look and helmet. Now why no Tony Stark face behind the helmet? My guess is this is another little nugget for the movie. Likely this is actually a part of the "Iron Legion" and not Tony Stark as Iron Man helping out Spider-Man. Just my guess.
5. Comic book inside Normally I don't pay attention to the little comic books. However, besides a little action sequence from the two new Spider-Man Homecoming sets ... there is a COOL preview on what sets I assume will come out with the Thor Ragnarok movie set to come out later this year. Thor vs. Hulk ... enough said. Can't wait for those new Lego sets.
OVERALL Grade A- Great set for both collectors and kids. The Vulture is the best part of the set. And always great to get 4 mini-figures in the set that under $50. Highly recommend this set for Marvel fans."
"Very excited when I saw Lego was coming out with a set from the upcoming Wonder Woman movie. I assume since this is a "Toys R' Us" exclusive set that it will be a very hard-to-find item in the stores.
Mini-Figures: Awesome detail on Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor. The Wonder Woman is a different from the "Sky High Battle" set. Better detail with outfit and the shield is OUTSTANDING. Trevor has a great look with the fighter jacket. Cool to be able to change out hair to fighter helmet too. Overall A grade on the mini-figures.
ARES: The God of War is a solid large figure. The head and chest looks really good. The legs are a little too bulky for me taste, but overall a good look. Wish his shield had more detail. Sword is very cool. Overall a B grade. Does give a cool nugget to who will be the main villian in the coming up in the movie June 2, 2017.
Trevor's plane: A simple look for this World War I-era plane, but think it's a great vehicle for the set.
OVERALL: A MUST BUY for collectors. Very similar to the "Ant-Man" and "Doctor Strange" sets. Going to be hard to find so I recommend to snag this set if you come across it. Would love to see more Lego sets based on movies!!!"
"Not surprisingly, the Doctor Strange's Sanctum Sanctorum set is already hot and not too easy to find. Was able to grab the last couple off the shelf. This is a wonderful set and I believe will be one of the top Marvel Super Heroes sets of 2016. Always great to get a Lego set from a movie well before it's release. Doctor Strange scheduled to come out in theaters in Nov. 2016. Getting to the set... Here we go.
POSITIVES: 1. Minifigures: All three are great with wonderful detail. Strange looks awesome with his cape and detailed amulet. Mordo and The Ancient One are both solid. Always great to have NEW minifigures.
2. Sanctum Sanctorum: Tons of fun details and even a cool nugget into the movie. A letter with "STARK" is part of the many pieces inside Strange's HQs.
3. Portal Beast: Something that is new to any Super Hero set. Fun little feature to make the set playable.
NEGATIVES: Wish there was a villain in the set. But since isn't a "teaser" set to the movie that is still several months away from release I understand why there isn't a villain included. Hopefully this won't be the only Dr. Strange set from the movie.
OVERALL: Awesome set and a must for collectors. Reminds me of the Ant-Man Final Battle set (#76039), one of the most valued Lego sets from 2015. Hopefully there will be a few more Strange sets, but if not, this will be a MUST have for those who love the super hero sets."
"Probably the best reboot set ever from the Empire Strikes Back. Great price for four unique figures.
1. Figures: The set is worth the four figures alone. The upgrade of Boba Fett is awesome. Great cape, detailed helmet and new blaster are awesome. If you don't want to spend the nearly $200 for Slave 1 to get Boba Fett this is the set to get. Ugnaught is very well done with his detailed head and face. Han Solo figure is classic. The upgrade in the Han Solo in Carbonite is great. Much better than the old flat figure that came in Slave 1 more than a decade ago. 2. Chamber: The orange pieces for the lights on the stairs and platform really makes it stand out. The actual freezing mechanism is pretty great. Easy to work.
Overall: Great set for EVERYONE. Be it kids or collectors."
"Awesome new Avengers set. SUPER excited to set it on the shelves even before the excepted release date of Jan. 1. Here are the highlights: 1. Iron Skull's sub -- Looks pretty bulky, but I liked the design once it was built. Lots of playability with the front being so long. Also like the fact that it's different than any other Lego subs. The cage is a cool like addition. 2. Figures -- All excellent. Love the new coloring of Iron Man. Cap and Hydra diver's scuba gear are cool looking. Would have liked to have a mask for Iron Skull too.
Overall: A great new piece to go along with the Avengers sets. KEEP the Marvel sets coming Lego."