"Only been collecting Lego Star Wars for 6 months so glad they offered this set. Build was good, challenging but not to difficult. My thoughts:
1) Set price is on the high side for what you get. Feel a few more mini figs are required to justify the $120 US price. I purchased with the two free promo sets (kid with rocket ride and the Hoth micro set) so that helped offset some of the difference. Usually can get Lego 20% off MSRP, if you cannot get with the promos suggest you wait till on sale.
2) When we (kids and I) purchased our first X wing, we could hardly put it down. We were changing wings, colors of bricks, really having a lot of fun customizing our Xwing. This set, not so much. Set great for your collection, but if on limited budget suggest other spaceships from this theme.
3) My kids don't understand why the driver is facing the wrong way when in the landing (horizontal) flight position. I didn't have a good answer for them, will have to re-watch the movie.
4) While the Princess Mini fig was nice included, absolute hate the 20th anniversary text on the back of her torso. Kids dislike it also so going to try some rubbing compound to remove.
5) Set come with 8 individual bags to help with assembly. For younger builder this is a huge plus. Really helps keep down the difficulty. If you have younger builders you might have to assist on a few of the more complicated parts.
6. Our canopy also came scratched up from the box as noted by another reviewer. This is not a huge deal as assume my kids will put a few scratches on it too, bigger issue if for display only.
Summery, good set on the pricey side. Not sure needed if you already have a Slave 1. If you don't or don't mind a second one, don't think you will be too disappointed in this one. If you are looking for play value and on a budget, you might want to look into other space ships from this theme."
"Another nice set from Lego. Looking at pictures of the previous releases, looks on par or better. Great feature with side of passenger car removal. Kids having fun with it.
Few wish list improvements 1) Came with regular Lego train trucks (magnets) so can use with other train sets. This was a major disappointment with the kids. Working on modifying to correct.
2) Came with a second or more passenger cars. Not sure purchasing a second set is the way to go as most of the set will be unusable for more than one additional car and an expanded train station will be limited. Thinking Lego Bricks and Pieces or Bricklink better option. Guessing you can make two passenger cars for the price if one additional set. Wish Lego offered additional cars, but understand not profitable enough to produce.
3) No mini fig supplied to drive the train. Need an engineer.
Best feature, the side of the passenger car being removable. So easy to get your fingers in there. Two thumbs up Lego."
"We found this set forsale after been discontinued for a while. Kids love it! Fun to transport vehicles. At first I personally didn't care for the aesthetics of the Ferry, but it grows on you.
Recommendations for Lego on future similar sets. 1) More seating would be nice. We are expanding our ferry to have 3 seats. 2) 4 more lift rings (for the inside of the boat). We added 4 more for our Ferry, studs were already there begging to the life rings. Kids love tossing those things to mini figs in need. Lot of play value for little cost. 3) We added a few safety cones to the deck. Kids like moving them around, again easy modification with high play value. Just a red cone on a 2 by 2 special tile (has one stud in the center). As the green deck as no studs, very easy to move these cones around."
"This is a fun set from Lego. Kids really enjoy playing with it. Excellent play value. Few easy improvements for play.
1) Bus roof. The roof is difficult for my little ones to open up. Modification requires two 1 by 4 light gray plates, one 1 by 6 light gray tile and two 1 by 2 light gray tiles. Replace the the two 1 by 4 light gray special plates (with only two studs) under the front of the bus with standard 1 by 4 plates. Replace the 1 by 6 light gray standard plate on the front of the bus (on top of window) with a 1 by 6 tile. Replace the two 1 by 6 light gray plates at the back of the bus (again on windows) with the special 1 by 4 plates (only two studs) and the 1 by 2 tiles. Special plates should be installed all closest to the rear to allow roof sections to grip properly. This makes it a bit easier to open the roof sections.
2) Wheel chair ramp. The ramp is to low for the bus. Easy fix is to add one 2 by 4 plate (black) under the black 2 by 4 slope to raise things up a bit. Much easier for strollers and wheel chairs.
3) We increased the depth of the news stand by 2 studs to make it easier for placing mini figs back there. Work fine as designed, this just allows little fingers a little more room to place figures back there.
Great set, glad we purchased. Only real complaint is the bus is a bit blockly for me, but the kids love it so calling this a success for Lego."
"Nice set, gets your mind working on expansion and alterations. Excellent selection for Lego to produce.
Pros Just buy it, you wont be disappointed Love the little droid Great mini figs No stickers!!!!
Cons Set will have additional expenses as you will want to expand the scene. Most likely you will want two sets. (we are extending the bridge and beefing up the structures). Comes with a light saber for Luke, should have been a plasma gun. Would have bee nice if Logo included a 3rd gun in the set. For $30 US would have felt better if included a 4th mini figure (second storm trooper).
Overall, really like the set. You might want to wait till on sale as bit on the high end of pricing.
"This set has a lot to offer. Airspeeder was fun to build. Side build (laser gun) looks great. Regular mini figs look good. In my opinion Lando is the best of the 5 20th anniversary mini figs to get. You get a lot here, lot of play value too.
Few simple mods. 1) We put two of the extra red studs between the laser and the dark gray tips, looks much more powerful. Same thing with the ground cannon, added a red stud to the barrel. 2) We took the extra light gray stud (with the hole in it) and put the grappling hook in it. Now the rear stud shooter can shoot the hook. Works really well, only issue is you have to put some slack in the string else it gets hung up.
Cons (always have to have some cons)
1) Rebel troops hats don't match the last battle pack (these are a darker tan). Not a huge issue, but would be nice if more consistent. 2)When I think of skyspeeders think of orange markings. This set comes in gray. I prefer the orange, but easy enough to change. 3) (this the only one I really care about) the back of Lando's torso is just lettering. Lucky the cape covers this, but wish it wasn't there.
Great set, definitely recommend. If you are on the fence about getting it.....get it you won't be sorry."
"Got this set on sale as wanting a Vader mini fig. Was planning on re-purposing the rest of the set. Kids and I build and it looks really good. They like to switch the mini figure around and have Vader stand up and shout "NO......". Hours of fun.
Pro: Great set, couple of robots, Good Vader fig, Sith lord, 2 extra light saber bases (wish they include extra blades too).
Con: Set hides all the trans clear red stuff. Lot of plates this color get buried in the build. Will be modifying to get them out. After all this is the Dark Side, we need trans red!"
"This is our first Tie Fighter and the Kids and I love it. Really holds itself together well. Fun to build, great all around set.
The only Con I have (not kids) is it from one of the newer movies, I'm a classic guy at heart. Would have preferred some storm troopers instead of the 2 officers. This is not the sets fault so cannot really complain. Going to get some classic Storm Troopers to operate this space ship correctly! lol."